Do you suffer with dark circles? Know that there are several products and tricks to disguise them, as well as the most varied types of treatments.
What exactly are dark circles?
Dark circles are deep marks and more purplish colors that form around the eyes. The skin in this region becomes purplish when the tissue is very thin and transparent, allowing blood vessels to be seen.
With these dilated vessels, there is a kind of local swelling from red blood cells from the inside to the dermis. These globules undergo a chemical transformation, forming a deposit of ferric pigments that make the region darker. Another possibility for the appearance of dark circles is the high concentration of melanin in the region around the eyes.
Dark circles can appear as bags, dark or purplish coloring, sagging, wrinkles or furrows. These aspects make the look tired and depressed.
Causes of Dark Circles
- Dilation of vessels in the eye area, bringing more blood to the region and enhancing pigmentation
- Sleepless nights
- Physical tiredness
- Lack of eye area care
- White and fine skin
- Physical or emotional stress
- Allergies and rhinitis
Tips for Disguising the Dark Circles
Some cautions and tricks are useful to disguise dark circles:
- Pass a concealer. In addition to the traditional, there are colored correctives, each with its function. To disguise dark circles, try the yellow concealer. This type of tone neutralizes itself with the color of the skin and helps to hide the shades in evidence of the look. But if the yellow becomes evident, finish with a layer of concealer the color of your skin. For corrective suggestions, see the list of products at the end of the post.
- Use makeup tricks with base and face powder.
- Get enough sleep. Without a night of quality sleep, the skin can not recover right – and this is reflected the next day.
- Before sleeping, pass a specific cosmetic cream to hydrate the eye area. Good hydration in the eye area increases the thickness of the skin and, consequently, the vessels in that area do not become so apparent, improving local staining.
- Practice physical exercise and maintain a healthy diet.
- Wash your face with cold water, which promotes vasoconstriction of the vessels, soothing dark circles under the eyes.
- Gently massage the eye area.
- Avoid exposure to the sun to prevent melanin pigmentation below the eyes.
Treatment for Dark Circles
The laser is a very effective treatment and recommended by dermatologists. The treatment consists of the local application of the pulsed light laser, whose mission is to lighten the skin and diminish the blood vessels. The device also stimulates the increase of the collagen content of the skin. The region of the eyelid gains strength and elasticity, sagging decreases and, therefore, also contributes greatly to improve the overall appearance of the face.
Peeling To Lighten Dark Dark Circles
The peeling also helps to combat dark circles, especially those with excess pigment, with brownish coloration. Acids promote gentle exfoliation of the region with whitening. The most indicated peeling is thioglycolic acid.
Fill for Dark Cases
When the hollow of the eyeball is very deep, a natural shading occurs which aggravates the darkening of the region. For cases where the eye is a consequence of the anatomy of the eye, filling with hyaluronic acid is the most appropriate. The technique will give volume to the skin below the eyes so that it is flush with the face
Lymphatic Drainage to Remove Bags
Well-Located lymphatic drainage in the area of the eyes and forehead increases the microcirculation of the region, eliminating swelling and purple spots.
Eye Cream Specific
There are specific products to treat dark circles, which specifically act on the eye region. For this region – which has a delicate vascularization – the indicated components are Vitamin K1, bioflavonoids, vitamin C and retinol. These active principles increase the venous tonus and thereby decrease the dilatation since they act in the blood microcirculation. Vitamins C and E, which have antioxidant and decongestant function, also act as bleaching agents. The creams are excellent coadjuvant in treatments, to potentiate and maintain their effects. For suggestions of creams, see the list of products at the end of the post.
Indicated for brownish-colored circles with the presence of vessels, phototherapy is a treatment with pulsed light that helps activate the blood circulation that is stagnant in the region of the eyelid.
Surgery to Remove the Bags
Surgeries for the treatment and removal of eyelid pouches are technically called blepharoplasties. When removing the bulges caused by the bags, the skin becomes smoother and less shading areas, softening the dark circles.
Natural Treatments for Dark Circles
Natural treatments have no side effects, are cheaper and sometimes are enough to soften the problem. Some Suggestions:
- Clay Masks: Using clay is an option when you can not do lymphatic drainage. When the clay dries, it puts light pressure on the skin, speeding up the drainage process, improving circulation and reducing swelling. Clay contains properties that accelerate the process of detoxification of the body, leaving the skin less stressed.
- Compress of iced tea: Both green teas as chamomile tea are efficient for the purple circles, caused by dilation of vessels. Chamomile soothes the region and the fact that the tea is cold contracts the vessels. Arnica and burdock can replace chamomile.
- Slug Massage: Take a slug and cut it in half. Extract the gel and gently massage the dark circles under the eyes. This plant has many properties, among them to moisturize and tone the skin.
- Massage with coconut oil: Separate one tablespoon of coconut oil and massage under the eyes and allow the product to work for 20 minutes. After this time, rinse well with cold water.
- Almond oil and mint essential oil: Separate one tablespoon of almond oil and put 2 drops of mint essential oil, mix thoroughly and gently massage the eye area. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water. Both peppermint oil and mint oil help remove dark circles.