How to Make a Makeup Line – Creating a makeup line can be difficult or easy depending on the type of makeup you want to do, how many products you want to produce, and where or how you want to sell the finished products. A high-level line with several different types of items would probably be made in a private lab, or factory by trained professionals. However, simpler makeup items can be made in your own kitchen.
Instructions (Step by Step How to Make a Makeup Line)
- Decide what type of makeup you want to produce. If you want to create a complete line, you probably need the help of an industrial unit or outsourced plant. Another option is to make your own products at home using common ingredients found in any supermarket, in addition to ingredients such as dyes and bases, which need to be ordered from a specialized manufacturer.
- Make sure you have enough capital to carry out your project. Although a small makeup line is relatively cheap to create (only a few hundred reais), a larger line requires at least $ 10,000 or more. That depends on how many different items you want to create, and whether you will make the products at home or hire the services of a third-party manufacturer.
- Create a name and concept for your makeup line. Be sure to choose a name that is not in use by any other brand or company. Once you have decided on the name, register it as a trademark to make sure no one else uses it. Its concept can target adolescent, older men or women.
- Get a license from the local authorities for your business. Most licenses can be obtained by completing a form and meeting certain requirements. Once you have obtained the license and any necessary permissions to create your own makeup line, you will need to regularize the fees and taxes to start selling your products.
- Get all the necessary ingredients and start creating your own makeup. You will need ingredients like oils, waxes, bases, dyes, fragrance, essential oils, ethyl alcohol, and glycerin. If you have decided to make your products from scratch at home, you will need to find some recipes and start experimenting. If you prefer to outsource production, prepare to go to meetings with managers and chemists to discuss the development of your line.
- Determine how you will pack your ready-made products. You can place them in simple glass jars or create personalized jars and tubes.
- Sell the final products. You can start by selling directly from home. Advertise for your neighborhood and give a “make-up party”. In it, customers can try their products before buying them. You can also rent space in a small boutique or a large department store, and present your product to customers. Proper advertising is a very important step towards spreading your cosmetics line.