How to Hide Tattoo with Makeup – You may die of love for your tattoo (and we want you to be proud of yourself), but on certain occasions, you might want to disguise it.
Maybe you’ve got a job at a company that does not accept tattoos or maybe you’re about to meet the superconservative mother-in-law.
Still, you might be planning to take a walk in places where tattoos are banned, like some public places in Japan.
Whatever the reason, know that it is possible to disguise your tattoo with a special makeup, and who teaches the trick is youtuber name Karen Bachini. Check out what items you’ll need and follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- An orange makeup product (concealer, lipstick or shade)
- Any base of high coverage
- Translucent powder
- Base brush
- Makeup Sponge
The indication of the “orange product” may seem strange at first, but this is a great way to disguise tattoos that take ink in strong colors, especially blue and green.
The trick to disguise the tattoo is simple, but you need to have a little patience to repeat the steps until you hide all the marks. Check out the tutorial:
How to Hide Tattoo with Makeup
1. Always start with clean skin, ready to receive makeup;
2. Apply the orange product of your choice. In the video, the youtuber covers half the tattoo with a red lipstick;
3. If you prefer, you can use an orange concealer, as demonstrated by Karen in the other half of the tattoo;
4. Using a sponge, apply translucent powder on the lipstick or the corrective until very fine;
5. Now, with the help of an appropriate brush, cover the tattoo with the base of high coverage, always tapping;
6. It is important to slightly exceed the limits of the tattoo to be able to smoke with the skin later;
7. Use a makeup sponge to fuzz the edges;
8. Wait a few minutes until the base dries and apply more translucent powder to seal the makeup;
9. Apply another layer of high coverage base with the brush to disguise well all the details of the tattoo;
10. Use the sponge to smudge the edges again;
11. Apply a new layer of compact powder;
12. Apply makeup spray on the cover to waterproof your disguise. If you do not have this product, it may be hair spray as well;
13. Ready! Tattoo properly covered with a makeup that will not tarnish your clothing.
It is worth remembering that although the hair spray can be used on the arm or leg, we should not use this product to waterproof the makeup of the face, because the skin of this region is very sensitive.
If your tattoo is small and only with fine lines, without very strong colors, it is possible to cover it only with base and powder, avoiding the use of the orange product or the red lipstick. Likewise, larger tattoos may need more layers to stay well covered. The more you practice, the more natural your cover will be.