Treatments such as peeling, Intense Pulsed Light and laser are some of the alternatives to soften the problem
Skin blemishes are considered the greatest enemies of the
The causes of skin blemishes are numerous. Elisabete Dobao, a postdoctoral doctor in Dermatology, professor of Sanitary Dermatology at Santa Casa de Misericórdia in Rio de Janeiro and member of the European Academy of Dermatology, explains that they can arise with the aging of the skin; as a result of exposure to sunlight; due to certain hormonal changes, including pregnancy; with the therapeutic use of hormones, antibiotics or chemotherapy or after inflammation of the skin, being part of the defense mechanism.
The doctor also emphasizes that all the areas of sun exposure of the woman’s body are more likely to have spots, especially face, neck, neck, arms and legs.
How to prevent skin blemishes
Elisabete Dobao passes below fundamental guidelines to prevent the appearance of skin blemishes:
- Wear sunscreen daily;
- Wear appropriate clothing and hats to prevent sun exposure;
- Avoid the sun between 10am and 2pm;
- Go to the dermatologist regularly for a skin assessment, as some spots can be detected and treated at the onset more easily.
Different types of skin blemishes
It is worth mentioning that there are different types of spots: Lentigos, Melasma, Efélides (or Freckles) and Post-inflammatory Pigmentation, according to Elisabete Dobao.
Below you know the difference between each of these types of spots:
Lentigos: also known as senile spots, are brownish skin color changes. They usually occur on the back of the hands, neck and face of people over 40 years of age.
Melasma: These are dark spots on the skin, which appear most commonly on the face, but may also appear on the arms and on the lap. There is no definite cause, but usually the onset of them is mainly related to sun exposure, contraceptive use and pregnancy. In addition to hormonal factors and exposure to sunlight, genetic predisposition and family history also influence the onset of melasma .
Ephelides: also known as freckles, are small spots (spots without relief) pigmented on the skin, which appear mainly in light-skinned people with red or blond hair, usually in childhood (around 5 years of age). They appear mostly on the face, but may also appear on the arms and back.
Post-inflammatory pigmentation: type of spot that appears in areas that have been burned, acne lesions, allergic or chronic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, trauma, bruises, insect bites etc. The most accepted explanation is that this type of stain is the simple reaction of the melanocyte to the lesion.
It is worth noting that the most important thing is to consult a doctor so that he can diagnose the type of stain and recommend the best treatment, according to the particularities of each case.
How to remove skin blemishes?
Below, Elisabete Dobao, a postdoctoral fellow in Dermatology, cites measures that can be used to remove skin blemishes.
The doctor explains that there are ointments in the form of cream, gel, lotion and serum, with assets suitable for this purpose (skin blemishes).
Medications for oral use
Elisabete Dobao explains that there are oral medications, with antioxidant effect, to reduce the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation on the skin. “But without replacing the application of sunscreen,” adds the doctor.
Dermatological / aesthetic treatments
Elisabete Dobao explains that currently the most used treatments for skin blemishes are crystal peeling, chemical peels, intense pulsed light and CO2 laser. “That is, accompanied by home-use medications containing acids for renewal and whitening, collagen inducers and antioxidants,” said the doctor.
- The Crystal Peel is made by an appliance with an aluminum powder that promotes light exfoliation on the skin. After this, an acid is applied on the face and the patient can return home, washing the skin for the removal of the product after about eight hours. The result is regeneration, when a new layer of skin is created in place of the layer that has been exfoliated. The expectation is for a smooth decrease in wrinkles, blemishes and an overall improvement in skin texture.
- The chemical peels use a chemical solution to smooth skin texture, removing the damaged outer layers. The formula used by the doctor is adjusted to meet the specific needs of the patient. Although used primarily on the face, peels can also be used to improve the appearance of skin on the neck and hands.
- The Intense Pulsed Light is generated by a device that generates heat on the skin and reaches different targets: melanin, blood vessels and collagen. Therefore, the technique is indicated for treatment of various lesions such as sun spots, fine wrinkles, facial vessels, dark circles, poikiloderma (spots, vessels and aging of the neck and neck) and epilation.
- The CO2 laser is suitable for removing stains, to smooth wrinkles and to give more firmness to the skin. The laser can reach both the superficial and deep layers of the skin. Thus, it renews the skin, consequently, making it more beautiful.
Makeup tips to disguise skin blemishes
Dudu Castro, Crystal Hair’s makeup artist, points out that color correctives are the best way to disguise blemishes. For the professional, the yellow concealer is indicated to cover shades of blue, like some dark circles. Already the green concealer covers reddish imperfections, like small pots and acne scars.
“In case of brown spots, which are usually sun, I indicate corrective in purple or yellow,” says the makeup artist Dudu Castro.
Marcio Mello, makeup artist at the Éclat show, points out that after the use of the concealer and the base, the final touch to hide blemishes is due to the compact powder, the same tone of the skin, that will uniform the face well. “Spread well through the T zone: on the forehead, nose and chin,” he says.
The professional Marcio attentive to the fact that the corrective always be a shade lighter than the skin to disguise dark circles. “Do not drag the product to the skin, lightly beat it to get more natural,” he says.
Many people are looking for home remedies today to try and soften the spots on the skin. Many bloggers share tips on their revenue blogs that they have already tested and approved. Below you check two options of these homemade whitening recipes:
Recipe to remove stains with olive oil, beans and sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked white kidney bean
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
How to prepare: beat everything in the blender. With clean skin apply the mask and let it act for 30 minutes.
Today, much is still talked about the combination of Bepantol Derma and Hipoglós to lighten blemishes on the face and leave the skin, in general, more moisturized and beautiful. The “recipe” is simple:
Recipe for Bepantol and Hipoglós to lighten blemishes
- 1 tablespoon of Hypoglossus (ointment)
- 1 scoop of Bepantol Derma
How to prepare: just mix until homogenic and apply all over the face, letting act for about 30 minutes. Or, if possible, sleep with the mixture on the face and wash well the next morning.
However, it is worth pointing out: the best option is always to seek a dermatologist who will indicate the most appropriate treatment to end your skin blemishes. Using homemade solutions can often, in addition to not solve the case, trigger other skin problems.